The Lookout (New Residential building for 2019)
The Lookout opened as our new residential building in January 2019. A purpose built, cedar clad building which blends beautifully into the woodland landscape at Pettypool.
Numerous Eco friendly design features have been incorporated into this modern, well equipped building. It is positioned at the top of the old Lookout campsite (hence its name) with outdoor decking over-hanging the lower part of Lookout site which can still be used for games and activities whilst staying in the main building.
The Lookout is an L-shaped building equipped for 40 people – 30 girls, up to 8 adults and specialist accessible bedroom for a member and carer.
|View the The Lookout Availability Calendar (Residential)|
This main activity room is a large, light and spacious area with under floor heating, there are 10 folding tables and 40 brightly coloured chairs. Bi-fold doors open up onto the fabulous decking area.
This is for the use of a disabled member and their carer but can be used as a single room for a leader. The room contains an electric bed, single carer’s bed, medical cabinet, preparation area and fully accessible wet room with hoist facilities.
BUNK BEDROOMS – (5 rooms of 6 beds – total 30)
There are 3 pairs of bunks in each room, two sinks for washing, two showers and a toilet with small hand basin.
There is storage under the sinks for wash bags etc. and a towel hook for each person. A small shelf and locker is also provided for each person.
All beds have a foam mattress with a cover which is waterproof, tear resistant, breathable and hypo allergenic.
Everyone staying will need to bring their own bedding and pillow. This could be a duvet and bottom sheet or a sleeping bag.
Please note blankets and pillows are not provided. Mattress covers will be cleaned before each new booking.
Over-bed lights and USB ports are also provided.
LEADERS BEDROOM ROOM – (2 rooms of 4)
These rooms have 4 single beds and lockers for storage. The showers are taller and do not have safety heat controls as in the bunk bed rooms. Over bed lights and USB ports are provided
Storage rack for boots and shoes, with coat hooks.
The kitchen is fully equipped with plenty of room under the units for food storage. Cooker with four induction hobs, only utensils/pans provided must be used.
PLEASE NOTE: PERSONS FITTED WITH PACEMAKER SHOULD KEEP A DISTANCE OF AT LEAST TWO FEET AWAY FROM THE INDUCTION HOBS
- Fan – please ensure that this is on during all cooking.
- Filtration unit – this just filters the cooking fumes.
- Fridge/freezer – lower unit is the freezer.
- Fridge – large commercial size.
- Hot cupboard – under the hatch.
- Hot water boiler, two kettles are also available for smaller amounts of water.
- Ovens – 2 turbo fan assisted ovens with grill.
- Preparation table – this is on wheels so can be moved around for convenience.
- Food preparation sinks – 2 deep sinks with drainage areas.
- Insect control unit above the kitchen door.
Desk and telephone – a land line is available for use when the mobile signal is weak. USB ports and sockets are provided by the desk
In this area there a 2 toilets as well as a disabled toilet with baby changing facilities. A utility room and cleaning store.
There is a washing machine and tumble dryer in the utility room, as well as a clothes airer
The building has under floor heating, each room is thermostatically controlled.
RA documents have been completed for the building, these are available on request.
These are located throughout the building, the type being relevant to the area where they are positioned.
There is a small first aid box in the kitchen for emergency use only. Units should bring their own first aid kit.
The building has wi-fi, the code can be found in the leaders’ sitting room.
Quotes from our visitors
- When I walked into to Pettypool I knew it was going to be an awsome weekend the buildings are really cool
- The beds are nice and comfy like a hot water bottle I really enjoyed sleeping in them 🙂
- Wen I walledkt in my eys omust cam out
- Brownies are incredible just like this building I love that the dormatries are very homey
- Its lovely and big and I was shocked when I saw the building
- The bathrooms are amazing! and the kitchen has loads of cooking space
- There is loads of space to do activities both inside and out and I love the bedrooms! I was lucky to spend my birthday here! Thank you very much
- The bedrooms are very modern I love how they look like they are in the walls.
- I love how homely it feels here, there is lots of space to do activities inside and outside.
- I love love love the new lodge and I love how it has been built around all the nature and the architecture is fab. Thank you